Wednesday 15 January 2020

Python - Final Project - Day 4 (January)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today, I found out that it's important to structure your code and to organize it better to organize thoughts and for outside 'readers' to easily understand the code. You're able to see what functions you're running and what the functions do. With this structure, I am able to control whats able to run on the program more easily, which is why I decided to fix my entire structure today.


Today I also added in more comments to help me remember stuff and thus making my thoughts more organized.



This was the result of the structuring..


YOU CAN SEE THAT THE FORMAT OF MY CODE IS NOW LOOKING NEATER AND CLEAN 


PART 2 OF THE CLEANUP AND COMMENTS



I'm pretty sure I mentioned it last time, but this is my last post so here is my final small quiz program/game. I honestly am a bit upset because I can only code to that extent but then again I also understand that it's not that easy to remember everything and code perfectly.

I am satisfied however with what I was at least able to create.

The link to my program or just the code:





WHAT I LEARNED:


  • To sum it up, I just learned to organize my code all the time and the reasons as to why it's important to do so (as stated in the section above)

  • Another thing I learned was calling functions etc; I actually already learned about this in code academy but since it was all a bunch of information crammed up with barely any practice (unless I get the pro version) it was a bit hard for me to fully understand how it works..


But since I'm creating my own program now I actually have to use it so I had to fully search and learn more about it until I was able to use it on my own. 

Today with the def function, I used it so it can take all the score in and at the end give the final score. 


  • The final thing I learned about was modules. I learned that modules are kind of like plugins that you can import to have more different codes and functions you can use. For example, if I downloaded the module 'pygame' there will be codes that are related to games that I can use, and without the module, I wouldn't be able to use that code.


WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


This was my final post for Python and coding in general. I have decided to wrap up this project and move onto video editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...