Tuesday 5 November 2019

Python - Day Sixteen (November)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I completed the remaining 8 lessons I didn't complete last time in the 'Lists & Functions' Unit. I started noticing a pattern with Code Academy. In the very beginning when I started, I feel like they introduced me bits and pieces to what I'll be learning with the units. I think it's a very good idea because when starting on these units, I'm already somewhat familiar with these codes as I've been shown and introduced to it before. 

Today I completed this unit, now leaving me with 55% of the course completed.


55% COMPLETE


As usual, there was a review at the end. It was very simple, I just had to print out a list and add them together.

FINAL REVIEW


WHAT I LEARNED:



I only learned one COMPLETELY NEW thing/code today. The lessons within this unit were more of a review because I remember doing list related codes and functions often in the other units if I remember correctly.

  • The one thing I learned was the range() code. I can't say much about it but the name itself is pretty self explanatory. It takes the range of the number you input in to perform other actions. 

RANGE EXAMPLE

In the example above, on line 2 and 6, I put my range as 0-3. 3 as in meaning it stops before it reaches 3. I'm still a bit iffy on how that works, but I'm sure I'll learn more about what and how to use that code for later on.


Besides that though, Code Academy also shared a few new things about that range code. Or it was a thing to help people understand more. 

MORE ON RANGE FUNCTION

Like I said before, I haven't done much with this code yet, so it's a bit difficult to say much about it. 


WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will be moving onto the new unit, 'Battleships.' Or 'exercise lesson' you can call it. If the title already didn't reveal everything, here is the description of the exercise.

DESCRIPTION OF NEXT EXERCISE

And there are 19 total lessons, or 'steps' in this exercise. I will see what I can get done, but I'm aiming to do the half-half thing again, where I split the lessons in half in two separate days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...