Thursday 7 November 2019

Python - Day Seventeen (November)

WHAT I DID TODAY / LEARNED:


Today I started the exercise lesson 'Battleships.' I actually had to make a very small Battleships game (but just full on coding text version). For people who don't know, the objective of battleships is to guess a certain number in order to sink the battleship. Look at the picture below for an example of it if you don't know what it is.


BATTLESHIPS GAME EXAMPLE




Today I did half of the lessons as intended, and got as far as to making the base of the game, where the person can guess the number, the computer choosing a random battleship number, and if they guess it right, it leaves a congratulations message.

WHERE I LEFT OFF


Since I didn't learn anything I'll do a more detailed explanation of what each section of code does.

  • So first I had to make the base of the game board. This is seen on line 3-12. I created 5x5 rows/columns of the letter O's, using variables, def, and for and in.

  • After that I had to make the game board have an actual battleship to sink. This is seen on line 14-21. I had to make the code choose random rows and columns to place the battleship.

  • Third step, I had to add int(raw_input) to let the user actually type a number in to guess. The codes for this was only on lines 22 and 23.
THE RESULT/OTHER SIDE OF CODE

  • The fourth step was to print out ''Congratulations" message once the user has sunk the battleship. This code is located on line 29-30.


I did not learn anything new today, and just used the codes/functions I already learned. For example, to make this so far, all I had to do was use variables, print, and def, etc; So that's why I decided to combine the two sections of what I learned and what I did today together.



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will finish the other 9 lessons in 'Battleships', as I only completed 10/19.
REMAINING LESSONS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...