Friday 1 November 2019

Python - Day Fifteen (November)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I started on the 'List & Functions' Unit. There were a total of 18 lessons, and I intended to do half, but I ended up doing a bit more than I expected because the second half that I left still has a review, and the review takes a longer time to complete. I did 10/18 lessons and that leaves me with 8 lessons next class including a review.

LESSONS I'VE COMPLETED

Code Academy is also pretty repetitive in a good way. What I mean by that is that they teach one or two new things, and makes you incorporate your other skills in 2-4 exercises. This is a good thing because it helps you remember the code and help you familiarize it.


This unit was basically defining lists, then using codes/functions to pick out certain numbers and turning it into math equations. Well that's the message I got after 10/18 lessons. I had to do lots of similar exercises so I will just show the main/important ones I did.



  • The first exercise was very simple. I had to return/print a specific number from a list. Just a reminder that Python language goes through lists in the order starting from the number 0. So for example in the image below, on line 4, the number 3 would be 0, and 5 would be 1, and 7 would be 2. This is needed when writing code related to lists.


EXERCISE ON PRINTING CERTAIN NUMBERS

All the other exercises were very similar to this one with little to zero changes. The exercise above is just an example of what mainly I learned.



WHAT I LEARNED:


Today I only learned one new command/code. And that is ANOTHER way to 'delete' something that I don't want in the list. That is the .pop() code. Before I talked about the del() and remove() but they showed another new way to delete.

ONLY PRINTS 1 AND 5 BECAUSE THEY REMOVED 3 (CODE ACADEMIES EXAMPLE)

MY EXERCISE TO PRACTICE THAT CODE



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will finish the remaining 8 lessons of this unit. Like I said before, it may seem less, but the review sometimes takes a while to figure out everything.

THE REMAINING 8 UNFINISHED LESSONS



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...