Wednesday 30 October 2019

Python - Day Fourteen (October)

WHAT I DID TODAY / LEARNED:


Today I did a 'challenge' rather than an actual lesson that teaches me things. I just did a review of things I learned and had to a challenge that's about making a grade book from a teacher's point of view. The 'grade book' calculates the averages, and prints out the results. Finishing this up leads me to the course being 50% complete now.

50% COMPLETE




  • I first had to write the given students names, and create variables named, name, homework, quizzes, and tests, and their marks.



FIRST STEP



  • After that I had to write codes that calculate each student's average percentage. Starting from line 21, that's when I wrote my code. I had to define how to get the average first, then make another define get average. You can look below for a better visualization of what I said.


STUDENT AVERAGE


  • The next step was to calculate the whole entire class average. This step was really easy as I had to just use if, elif, and return to 'define' what grade percentages there are. (as seen in line 32-42)  Then at line 53, which is the final step, I put everything together to calculate the entire class average. (results can be seen on right side of the image below.)

FULL COMPLETE GRADEBOOK


WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:



Tomorrow I will be moving onto an actual new unit. It is called 'List & Functions' and there are a total of 18 lessons. I'm not sure how much of it I'll be able to go through, but I will probably split it in half as usual.

DESCRIPTION OF NEXT UNIT




No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...