Friday 4 October 2019

Python - Day Six (October)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today like I expected from last day, I finished half of the 'Conditionals & Control Flow' Unit in a day. I couldn't get farther because I was trying to understand how the code works, and it is starting to become a bit more challenging.


THE 8/16 LESSONS I'VE COMPLETED

This unit is said to help me learn how to generate different outcome based on the user's input.


WHAT I LEARNED:


Most of the code I learned was understandable, it's just I believe that I need to learn the theory behind these codes to truly understand what I'm typing into the program. Despite that, I did learn a few new things.

  • The first thing I learned about is comparators. There are six different types... There is 
'equal to' (==
'not equal to' (!=)
'less than' (<)
'less than or equal to' (<=)
'greater than'  (>)
'greater than or equal to'  (>=)

Some of these are probably already familiar but some could be new. Like for me, equal to, not equal to was the two new things I learned. The other signs were already known for me. And these comparators are usually used to check if values are greater/lesser or equal to one another. (And I'm pretty sure they can be used together with booleans aka true/false commands)

NOT EQUAL TO

EQUAL TO

  • The second thing I learned was 'and, or, not' expressions. This one was a bit iffy for me because I didn't finish the whole Unit nor did I do many exercises on these yet, but they were something new that I learned so I'm adding it in.
The boolean operator and returns True when the expressions on both sides of and  are true.. for example -
  • 1 < 2 and 2 < 3 is True
  • 1 < 2 and 2 > 3 is False

THE EXERCISE MADE ME JUST WRITE and, true, and false


The boolean operator or returns True when at least one expression is TrueBasically it's exactly what I explained above.

THE EXERCISE ONLY MADE ME WRITE or, true, and false

The boolean operator not returns True for false statements and False for True statements.

ONCE AGAIN, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS WRITE THE BLUE TEXT

WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:



Tomorrow I plan to finish up the unit 'Conditionals & Control Flow.' I have 7 lessons remaining.

THE REMAINING LESSONS

I know for sure I will not be able to start a new unit despite having only 7 lessons left, as these are becoming a bit more challenging and require a bit more time to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...