Tuesday 8 October 2019

Python - Day Seven (October)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I finished up the remaining 7 lessons I had left on 'Conditionals & Control Flow' Unit. Now I have completed 20% of the overall 'Python 2' course.

20% COMPLETED


As usual, after a unit ends, there is always a review. This time the review was a bit more interesting than the others. They made me calculate the grade aka A, or B etc;


MY REVIEW OF EVERYTHING I LEARNED IN THIS UNIT




WHAT I LEARNED:


I learned mainly about statements. To be more specific, I learned about 'elif', 'else,' statements. They work well with booleans, aka True/False codes and 'if.' 

  • The first one I learned was the 'else' statement. Basically it means 'or else.' For example, you would be writing a statement that says if 5 > 6 , print 'Correct' Here is where the statement 'else' comes in. If it's wrong you can write else print 'Wrong' My format on the explanation isn't correct but I was just giving you the idea of what I mean. Here's a picture showing exactly what I mean.
EXAMPLE OF HOW TO USE 'ELSE'


  • The second one I learned was 'elif.' Elif is short for 'else if' meaning, "otherwise if the following expression is true, do this!"
EXAMPLE OF 'ELIF'

('elif' only gets read if the first statement is false.)



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will be moving onto the next unit 'PygLatin' 

DESCRIPTION OF THE 'UNIT'


The description makes this look more of a 'project' than a unit itself, but I'm sure they will still teach me a few things or two.

There are a total of 11 lessons in this 'unit.' I will aim to complete all of that in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...