Wednesday 17 June 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 8 (June)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I created another useful real-life edit, which was removing unwanted things in photos. Before watching the tutorial I sort of guessed/had an idea of how to do it but I didn't know how to make it look cleaner/realistic.



This is the original photo:















This is my final edit:
















For this specific edit, I decided to remove the people and cars to show different ways of removing things. When I say that, it means I had to use 3 different tools to achieve the final edit..


I will talk about the tools more in 'What I learned' because these were completely new things I haven't used before.




WHAT I LEARNED:


- So I learned that there were actually many ways to remove things in photoshop. One of them was the clone stamp tool. All I had to do was sample a specific part then it will have a patch of the pixel colours and you then just brush over the part where you want the same pixels. This is hard to explain but I hope that explanation kind of makes sense.



- Another way of doing it is patch tool. So it's kind of the same concept as the tool I explained above, but the difference is that you lasso an area then drag to an area where you want to be copied. 



- The final way was going Edit > then fill > content-aware. This basically just analyzed the pixels surrounding the area you selected then automatically fills it in.




These were the 3 ways I learned how to remove unwanted things from photoshop.




WHAT I WILL BE DOING NEXT TIME / TOMORROW:


Next time I will switch it up a bit and do a cool effect. This is called the 'Double Exposure' effect.


This is the tutorial I will be following:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...