Friday 22 November 2019

Python - Day Twenty Two (November)

WHAT I DID TODAY / LEARNED:


Today I completed the remaining lessons on the 'Practice Makes Perfect.' This actually took me longer than a class to complete though because the lessons were more complex and I had to do each exercise from scratch. But I didn't want to span this one unit to 3 days. 


And since this is still the same unit as last day, and it's in the title, I didn't learn anything new in this unit as it was literally all review.

Now I have completed 70% of the overall Python course.


70% COMPLETE



I will just talk about and show the different types of exercises I was told to code.


  • The first exercise, I as was told to type a 'program' where the user types in a word, and the code will remove all the vowels. It sounds like it wouldn't be especially useful in this situation, but I can imagine other ways this exercise was useful. And also this was just random exercises to practice skills, so most of these are pretty random and have no purpose.

REMOVING VOWELS FROM WORDS EXERCISE #1


  • The second exercise was about censorship. The code will use **** as a censorship for words that the user chooses to be censored.
CENSORSHIP EXERCISE #2

HOW THIS WORKS IS MAINLY ON LINE 14. AFTER THE COMMA, THE WORD THAT IS THERE WILL BE CENSORED. FOR EXAMPLE, IN THE IMAGE ABOVE, THE WORD 'HACK' IS CENSORED BECAUSE IT WAS CHOSEN.



  • The third/fourth exercise is kind of related to numbers in a way, so I will put it together. The third one counts how many 'same' numbers there are. And the fourth exercise takes out odd numbers. I'm not sure if that was understandable or not, so I will provide an image below for a clearer visualization.

COUNT EXERCISE #3

ODD NUMBERS EXERCISE #4


  • The last exercise I did was code that removed duplicates. For example, if there was a duplicate number in the same code, it will exempt the number in the final output results.

DUPLICATE EXERCISE  #5



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:



Next time I will be continuing on with the Python course as usual. The title of the next unit/lesson is 'Exam Statistics.' Here's a preview/description of it.

NEXT UNIT


This kind of looks like another review unit, so I'm unsure if I will learn new things. But I think now that I'm nearly coming to an end of this course, I won't learn new thing at all or maybe just a tiny bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...