Wednesday 20 November 2019

Python - Day Twenty One (November)

WHAT I DID TODAY / LEARNED:


This unit that I currently worked on today named, "Practice Makes Perfect," was literally what the title says it is. I'm pretty sure I don't learn anything new this unit, instead I just do practice problems, or exercises that they tell me to do. It was pretty random exercises involving numbers that change all the time. 


I didn't get through all the exercises, there were 15. I thought I would get through all of it but the exercises took a bit of time to figure out so I only got through half aka 7.

Since this was a review unit, and I didn't learn new things, I'll just once again explain the few exercises I was instructed to do today.




  • The first exercise I worked on was returning the number the user gives, into a factorial form. So for example, if the user inputs the number 4, the factorial of the number 4 will return as 24.

EXERCISE #1



  • The second exercise I was told to do was kind of like 'identifying prime numbers.' So if the number was a negative (not prime number) the code would return as 'false.' But if the number is PRIME then the code would return as 'true.'

EXERCISE #2




  • In the final exercise of the day, I had to allow codes to take a certain word, and print/return it into a reverse form. For example, the world 'hello' would be turned into 'olleh.'

EXERCISE #4


THE LAST EXERCISE WAS A BIT HARDER THAN I THOUGHT, SO I HAD TROUBLE WITH IT FOR A WHILE. I ENDED UP USING MOST OF MY TIME ON THIS ONE EXERCISE. IN THE END THOUGH I HAD TO USE HINTS TO ACTUALLY FIND THE SOLUTION.



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


I will aim to finish the remaining 8 lessons on this unit because I don't want to drag on a unit for more than 2 days unless it has many lessons. In this case there only 15 lessons, so I will try to finish it.


REMAINING LESSONS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...