Monday 15 June 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 7 (June)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I made a very simple edit, but very useful. This edit was just changing the colors of shirts. But the thing is, this type of edit isn't limited and I can create so many different edits that would be useful in real life. For example, if I was making edits for ads, I could change the model's hair colors, car colors, etc; (and it would look actually realistic) 



This is my original image from Pexel:




This is my final product:











In my opinion, I think this edit turned out really nice and realistic looking. It was a really fast edit however I learned a very important skill when using Photoshop. 

This was also really fun to make so I could see myself just making more of these on my own time for fun.


For this edit, I just used adjustment layers on top of the original image, added a solid color, then chose the 'multiply' blend option.




WHAT I LEARNED:


I didn't learn anything ground-breaking but I learned about the 'multiply' blending option. Who knew that a simple add-on effect could change outcomes by that much and be super useful to real-life situations.


- After adding a solid color adjustment layer, I clicked on multiply then it added on the new color as well as keeping the stripes on the shirt, so I think you can kind of get how the multiply blending option works.




- Another thing I learned was actually was about this effect. In the beginning, I mentioned how this effect would be useful for ads or when selling cars, but I learned something or came to a realization rather, and that is lots of online shopping malls probably use one color then photoshop the other colors in.

Okay, this may seem like common sense, to be honest, it never crossed my mind before but now it makes complete sense now that I think about it. This is why a lot of the times the colors of the items are never accurate when ordering things online.. And it is something new I learned so I added it in.



I found some real examples from online malls:






I know the photos are very blurry but I think you can still see and get the idea of it. The model is in the same shirt and the same pose. I can't believe I just noticed this, but it's mind-blowing to me because I never realized this.




WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will be doing another useful real-life effect, and that is removing unwanted objects from photoshop. This also seems really simple, so I will try to find a more complex photo to make the editing process slightly harder.


This is the tutorial I will be following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOTxsRTjkNM

(for some reason I can't post the video right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...