Friday 29 May 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 5 (May)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today in photoshop, I edited a picture of someone's face and tried to remove their acne/blemishes.

This was the tutorial I was following:




This is the original stock image I found:












This is my final edited work:











I have to admit it does look pretty unrealistic at times from how I edited it, but I think it is pretty good or satisfactory I should say for my first try.


The image I chose though was a really bad choice (I had no choice though because there were barely any free stock images for this) because it was already a pretty blurry image by itself pre-editing, and when editing this, I needed to add on a ton more of blur effects and tools which kind of made the photo unnecessarily even more blurry, which did not result in a clean final.


For this edit, I duplicated the original photo layer, then added a mask to that layer and from there added effects to the masked layer.




WHAT I LEARNED:


- The first thing I learned about today is the spot healing brush tool. I always knew this tool existed but for some reason, I really never got to or needed to interact with it(?) 


After blurring the entire skin out, there were still leftover redness/blemishes, and from there that's when the spot healing brush tool came in. It kind of just made the blemish disappear with one click, but as much as it sounds really good, it slightly changes the skin color so at times there's a random patch of darker skin compared to the original. This is why the edit wasn't super easy as I had to try to match the skin tone with everything and the quality of the blur.



- The second thing I learned was that when I was trying to erase some parts of the masked layer (so parts of the original images come back to where I need) it didn't work at times. I then learned that the brush colors matter when you try to do that.


What I mean by that is that the two brush colors have to be black and white, in that designated order, or it wouldn't work.

colors order

This is what I mean by the brush color has to be black and white in order to erase the masked image.




WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Tomorrow I will be doing a glow effect. It isn't just any glow effect though because it's going to be about making it more realistic with the glow reflecting off objects. 

This is the tutorial I plan to follow:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...