Friday 29 May 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 4 (May)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today in photoshop, I attempted my best to convert a photo that was taken at daytime to nighttime. I feel as if this effect is really realistic and can be helpful in many ways, that's why I wanted to learn how to do it.



This was a super simple edit honestly, but surprisingly I barely used the tools I often used instead, I used other tools that I wouldn't generally use on my own which is pretty cool. I will talk about it more on my 'What I Learned' section.


This was the tutorial that I was following..





This was the original photo I grabbed off of Pexels:


UNEDITED PHOTO











This is my final product:


MY FINAL EDIT













WHAT I LEARNED:


I am not going to lie, this edit was extremely easy and simple, however, I learned a lot from it which was what I was aiming for kind of.


- The first thing I learned was that in Photoshop, there are preset looks/filters(?) I honestly don't know what the official name for it is but I would basically describe it as preset filters with specific themes. For example to elaborate on that, if you select the 'sunset filter' that automatically colors your photo to look as if your photo has sunset vibes on it.


THE COLOUR/FILTER OPTIONS


Hopefully, the photo makes it easier to understand what I'm trying to get at, but basically, in this edit, all I had to do was press the 'Night from Day' option. It literally did all the work for me, all I had to do from there was create another layer to make the lights shine to make it look realistic.



- The second thing I learned about wasn't super huge or new but it was the polygonal lasso tool. I never really used it before but for this edit, I outlined multiple places then went over with a brush to make the light show up.



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:

So the next thing I am doing might seem a bit weird, but this is really helpful and people sometimes even get paid to do these kinds of edits. You might have already guessed or not but it's about retouching faces. 





This is the tutorial I am planning to follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...