Thursday 28 May 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 3 (May)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I followed this tutorial edit, where it transforms a picture, into a comic style art. This consisted of just using tons of filters and colours. 


This is the tutorial I followed:






This was the original photo I used;


This photo is from a Korean drama













This is my final finished edit;


My final edit













This was a really nice turnout in my opinion. I think it's one of my few edits that I'm very happy with because it looks really cool and legit. And for once it seems clean and not messy like some of my past edits. I also got to play with a bunch of effects I didn't know existed before, so I got to learn quite a bunch of new things with this effect.




WHAT I LEARNED:


So as I expected when going into this tutorial, I knew I would be learning more about filter effects and adjusting different hues/saturation. (which is what I need to work more on to get the idea of it and doing things by myself.)


- The first thing I learned was that there was a filter effect that instantly blurs everything! This was very simple, but I saw this effect often everywhere on social media when people edit their photos, and I didn't have a really clear specific way of knowing how to do it, but now I know.


All I had to do was go to the top bar Filter < Blur , then from there, it blurs everything. I kind of don't understand how the blur played out in this edit, because everything ended up looking sharp, but it still did teach me how to do it.


example of how the blur effect works



- The second thing I learned was that if there is a png photo, which is like the spikey things in the photo, instead of personally erasing the background, you can most times just go to blend effects and click the correct blending option to delete the transparent backgrounds from pngs.




WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Considering how I've been working on digital art for 2 days in a row now, I will switch it up and do something different. I want to work more on photo manipulation, and something that could potentially be helpful in the future.





This is the tutorial I will be following next. If it's not obvious from the thumbnail it's basically converting a photo from daytime to nighttime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...