Tuesday 26 May 2020

Adobe Photoshop - Day 2 (May)


WHAT I DID TODAY:

Today, I was going to follow a tutorial on this glow in the dark effect that I posted yesterday, but I found something cooler and decided to follow through with it. Today I made a cartoon-ish portrait/painting in photoshop. 

-I followed this tutorial..






This took me much longer than I anticipated. I actually thought it was going to take me 2 days or something to fully complete this but I just tried to finish everything in a day.

This is the original photo/reference:






This is the final product:






I used the pen tool, filling in colours, and the brush tool.



WHAT I LEARNED:

Today I learned how to use the pen tool. Before I've always just been using either the eraser or quick selection tool/magic wand but now I realize the pen tool is really easy to use especially when drawing/painting. It works well with curves and just in general it is a really helpful tool that I wish I knew about sooner.



I learned that most people actually use this method to draw online and that it's much easier than people actually think.


How to draw with the Pen, Curvature, or Pencil tool in Illustrator
ex of pen tool


The diagram above shows how pen tool works. You just connect the dots and it forms the shape of anything you want.





WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


After doing this effect, I suddenly became really interested in digital art, so I found another cool effect I want to try. It's like converting a specific image into a comic book type of art. This is the tutorial I found.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...