Thursday 12 March 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 14 - (March)

WHAT I DID TODAY:

Today I tried to fix the problem I was having last day. Basically what happened was my new brush effects weren't showing up ever since I added in a circle. 

It took me most of class time to solve this problem, but I did end up succeeding and am back on track now. I was also able to add in a few more brush effects, but due to the the time I spent trying to fix this problem, I couldn't get as far as I wanted.

All I had to do to fix this was way simpler than I thought. I tried looking at everything, key frames, blending options etc; but the problem was the circle itself. I probably didn't add in the circle very properly because I did it myself and didn't follow a tutorial.


But eventually, I made the circle its own layer, and the paint effects on a separate layer. This did the trick!


BEFORE VIDEO:




AFTER VIDEO:







WHAT I LEARNED:

  • I learned that when I add a circle in, it should be on a separate layer or else the paint brush effects won't show up in the composition itself.

THIS IS MY TIMELINE WITH THE CIRCLE EFFECT ON A SEPARATE LAYER

(THIS ALSO MIGHT COUNT FOR OTHER EFFECTS TOO, I'LL KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR THE FUTURE)






WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Now that I fixed this problem, I for sure next class will just do what I've been doing and using the brush tool to make more effects!


- I realized that for this edit, you must think very creatively because you have to personally think what effect would match at a certain moment, which is why I also might watch a few more videos for inspiration while working on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...