Wednesday 4 March 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 11 (March)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I started making the scribble glow effect edit. This kind of edit required me to go frame by frame and use the paint tool. You can probably imagine how long this edit will take when I say I had to go frame by frame. 


This edit is very time consuming and requires tons of patience, but I think it'll feel very worth it in the end! 


This is the main tutorial that I was following, but at some parts I had to figure it out myself and find a different way due to certain circumstances. (and because at some parts I found out that there were easier ways to do it than the person explaining.)







THIS IS HOW FAR I GOT TODAY:



(THE VIDEO IS ONLY A FEW SECONDS BECAUSE I RENDERED THE VIDEO TO THE PART WHERE I GOT TO)



ORIGINAL VIDEO - FOR REFERENCE:








WHAT I LEARNED:


  • Today, the first thing I learned was that After effects is such compact editor with many features. I know this is already obvious but more specifically I learned that AE has a toolbar on the top left. 

With this toolbar, there were many things such as panning across the video, drawing shapes, brush tool, and eraser tool. I find this very fascinating because I usually only see these type of tools on programs like Photoshop.


WHAT THE TOOLBAR LOOKS LIKE




  • The second thing I learned was the paint tool/brush tool. This is the main tool that I am constantly using to achieve this edit. 


How it works is I double click the layer of the video I'll be editing, that way I'll be editing in the layer itself and not the whole comp, then I click the brush tool. I then adjust the settings of the brush like size/color then from there I use CTRL + > OR < to go frame by frame. Each frame I draw something, then click the next frame to do something, I think you can kind of get the gist of it.



THE PAINT SETTINGS THAT I USE



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will be doing the exact same thing just using the brush tool, and going frame by frame to draw more effects. (my goal is to complete the whole dance video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...