Monday 2 March 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 10 (March)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Last post, I decided that I will be doing this 'glow scribble effect.' So today I was trying to find the perfect dance video or something that I could make the edit out of. Here's an example video of what I want to achieve in the end. 



I spent a lot of the class trying to find the video I want. The one I ended up downloading to use was Exo's Dubstep Intro dance, the title or whatever may seem kind of foreign but here is the original video I will be using.




(it's just a normal dance practice video from the boy group Exo)


- I didn't do much today besides setting up my timeline and work area for next time. I was also watching a tutorial so I can actually get a hang of it and start next class.

THIS IS MY CURRENT TIMELINE SETUP





WHAT I LEARNED:


Since I didn't really get started for real yet, I didn't learn much yet, or anything really. 

After going through the tutorial though, I learned that this type of edit requires a lot of time and patience. I know it's obvious that most edits require patience to complete, but for this one specifically, it will require even more patience than ever due to tons of key frames and even more..



  • I did learn a shortcut key though while setting up my timeline. When I first used After Effects I was a bit skeptical on why they asked how long the project or composition is going to be when it's possible for the person to not know.


For example if I set it at 2 minutes, the whole project is capped at that length. That part kind of confused me and I asked what's the point of that. But I found a shortcut key that trims comp to work area. It's CTRL SHIFT X.


LOCATION OF THIS COMMAND





WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will actually start the editing process itself! Of course I will be following a tutorial while I do this just in case I mess up.


There's a bunch of tutorials out there for this effect, I will go through them on my own time to see which one is easier and better to follow, then edit next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...