Saturday 29 February 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 9 (February)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I finished adding all the lyrics (text) to my entire one minute video. I also noticed a few things I didn't like and tweaked it a bit, like I just slowed down / sped up some clips so it can truly match the music.


After that, I rendered the video. Adobe After Effect files are pretty big like sometimes it is 4+ GB if I rendered it normally, but since I used the encoder CC, it drastically decreases the file size.


I wasn't sure how to fix the quality though, like make it fully HD, but this is the final product of my project.



BEFORE VIDEO (LAST POST):






AFTER VIDEO (FINAL PRODUCT):




In the before video, I only finished the first half of adding text, in the final finished video, I added all the text and finished.


WHAT I LEARNED:



  • I learned a really cool thing where I can speed up/slow down clips. This was super helpful to me because sometimes the clip I want is too short in duration for example, I would need to slow it down so it can match the duration I need it to be at.

All you need to do is right click on the layer of the clip you want to adjust and then click Time > Enable Time Remapping

- After that, two key frames will pop up, depending on which way you drag it, it'll either slow it down or speed it up.



EXAMPLE OF WHERE THE SETTING IS




WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:



Next time I will start on a new video edit. Since this basically counts as my 'beginner introduction' video, I want to do something different that's cooler.

I saw this glowing scribble effect on youtube, and want to learn it for my next edit. This is my inspiration video/tutorial video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...