Friday 6 March 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 12 (March)

WHAT I DID TODAY:

Today I continued to add paint effects to my video. I got through 9 seconds out of the 1 minute. I actually added something new today instead of doing the same old things.

As you are aware, this whole time I have been just adding in lines frame by frame using the brush tool. But at this certain part of the dance, I wanted to add a circle that was growing. I couldn't find any tutorial on that so I just tried to find a way and do it myself.


This was where I used AE's circle effect. I imported a circle into the timeline then used key frames to make the circle expand frame per frame. This all may sound a bit vague or confusing, but that's what I did today, you'll see what I mean below.


WHAT I DID TO MY CIRCLE KEY FRAMES


I think I mainly only got through another few seconds today is due to the circle. It took me a while to figure everything out.


BEFORE VIDEO (LAST POST):




AFTER VIDEO:








WHAT I LEARNED:


The first thing I learned was super important. While I was working on this project, I really needed this but didn't know what or where it was. 


  • This was about layers. When I was working on this project, I would make mistakes and the CTRL Z button wouldn't simply work. I wanted to know how to delete what I just currently did but there's more to it when working with frames. I learned that all you need to do, to see your layers from the brush tool, is go over to the left side of your timeline, and click the arrow on your layer.

CLICK THOSE FOLLOWING ARROWS TO SEE YOUR PAINT LAYERS


  • The second thing I learned was of course, how to add a circle. I just went over to AE'S effects library, then search circle. I then dragged it into my timeline and that's all there is to it.

HOW I ADDED A CIRCLE TO MY VIDEO



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will continue to be adding brush effects to my video. My goal is to do more than a few seconds next time but that isn't super easy to do. I also want to take my time with this project so it turns out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...