Tuesday 25 February 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 7 (February)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I completed adding in all my transitions. They were super simple fade transitions but it actually took longer than I expected as it's my first time using such complex software. (especially with all the key-frames I'm still trying to master it/get used to it)


It may seem as if I didn't put a lot of effort into the transitions as it may look kind of plain (and it's literally only one type, but surprisingly it took very long, and I feel as if this was a good first edit choice to introduce me to the basics.





BEFORE EDIT (LAST POST):




AFTER EDIT:








In the before edit, you can see that only half of the transitions were imputed, but today the after edit contains all the transitions.



WHAT I LEARNED:


Continuing from the last post, I talked about how I learned about keyframes and their jobs. Today I learned a shortcut that helped me a lot because without I'd be kind of confused.

  • It is the 'U' key. All it does is basically let me see all the keyframes that I've created/made. Before when I added keyframes then exited, I couldn't find where the keyframes were and transitions just happened randomly, but when I found out about this shortcut, it saved me a lot of time.


  • The second thing I learned was that there was an automated button that lets the editor adjust the clip automatically to the composition size. 

For example, when I added in videos sometimes, it would be smaller than the composition itself, leaving black borders because the video wasn't big enough to fit. But when I right click on preview video > transform > fit to comp height, it just transforms the video to perfect size.

EXAMPLE OF THE VIDEO NOT FITTING WITH THE COMP



WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will start adding text. My goal is to kind of make a lyric video, it's not exactly a lyric video but in simpler terms, you can think of it that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...