Thursday 20 February 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 6 (February)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I added transitions to my video. I added half of the transitions in, meaning that 30 seconds out of 1 minute is finished. I just added in simple fade transitions but it took a while because After Effects is a pretty difficult program to navigate, and I am learning it while doing it.

After Effects is different from other video editing software because the other ones I used before were super easy and you just drag and click for effects, but After Effects is all about key-frames and timing, so it took me a while to figure it out. (still trying to)



BEFORE VIDEO (LAST POST):




AFTER VIDEO:









WHAT I LEARNED:


  • The first thing I learned was about key-frames. Key-frames pretty much control all the effects that could be possible in After Effects or pretty much most editing programs.

Once I set a key in a specific location then add an effect, it will perform the 'effect' desired.

Since I can't explain keyframes super well here, here is the video that I watched that goes in-depth about it.





WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will finish adding transitions to my videos. I have half of the video to finish and I know for sure that just doing the transitions will take up the whole class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...