Tuesday 15 October 2019

Python - Day Nine (October)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I started on the Functions unit and completed 9/19 lessons. This unit just further explained what I knew about functions so far, and made me do more exercises and practices based on my knowledge so far. It was only 9 out of 19 lessons so I only learned one or two things. 

COMPLETED LESSONS



I also did an exercise on what I've learned in the past related to functions. In the exercise, it has basically everything I've explained already in my past blogs, but just put together.

EXERCISE ON FUNCTIONS (OR REVIEW)



WHAT I LEARNED:


  • The first thing I learned was very quite simple. It was just how to square root a number. In my past posts I've learned and talked about the simple things like adding, subtracting etc, but never about how to square root. 

HOW TO SQUARE ROOT NUMBERS

All you need to do is write import math at the top, then from there write print math.sqrt() You would think they would have already taught this but I just learned it today.


  • The second thing I learned, but haven't quite got a hang of it yet (don't understand it a lot because haven't done much exercises on it) is that functions are able to call other functions.

FUNCTION CALLING ANOTHER FUNCTION EXERCISE

I can't quite expand on this yet considering I didn't get to do it much, but probably in my next post I will learn more about it so I decided to talk about it in this post because it is a new 'fact' that I learned despite not knowing how to make use of it yet.


WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Next time I will aim to complete the 'Functions' unit, which has 10 lessons left.

REMAINING LESSONS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...