Monday 10 February 2020

Adobe After Effects - Day 3 (February)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I finally finished cutting the clips I needed. I imported 3 more videos, which brings up the total to 5 videos that I am using for this edit. There was no new concept that I did today, but I did learn new things instead. 


This is the before video (edit from last post):





This is after I 'edited' it (or just added more clips):
(Once again I drastically decreased the render quality for time purposes, and I also muted the music because I didn't need it yet, but I will bring back the music in the next render.)




WHAT I LEARNED:


  • The first thing I learned about was the render bar. Above the timeline there is blue bar that you can drag and it basically means the 'render zone' aka the parts that will be exported. My whole timeline was 6 minutes and if I didn't move the render bar to match the length of the videos, there would be an unnecessary black screen for the rest of the time.
WHAT THE RENDER BAR LOOKS LIKE


  • The second thing that I learned was composition length. In the beginning when I created my composition, they asked me how long I would like my composition to be. I wrote 1 minute and from there my whole timeline only spanned out to a minute. When I added a video that was 3 minutes for example, it would get cut off and I couldn't go through the whole video. I learned that I could adjust the composition length by going over to the left side then right clicking the composition button to change the length of it.

WHERE THE COMPOSITION OPTION WAS



  • The last thing I learned was a simple shortcut. You could press CTRL SHIFT P for position. (just moves the position of the video around) I use it a lot to cut out the subtitles that are below on the video.




WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:



Next time I will be organizing all my clips around to match the lyrics of the song. I'm pretty sure that's all that I will be able to get done next time.

This also takes a while because I might potentially have to add in new clips if I can't use what I already have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...