Monday 30 September 2019

Python - Day Four (September)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


Today I finished up the remaining lessons on 'Strings and Console Output.' After that, I also did a quick review. So far in this whole course, I've completed 10% as of now.



10% COMPLETION


After that, I also did a quick review...


REVIEW OF EVERYTHING I LEARNED

Overall, most of the lessons in this unit seemed to be a bit similar to the very first unit aka 'introduction.' I did also learn a lot of new things too so I don't think it's a waste of time to review either because it just helps me become more used to the code.



WHAT I LEARNED:


  • The first one is easy and is maybe already considered common sense, but to me, I totally didn't think of this. I found out you can use the + sign to add strings together. I thought you only use it for adding equations but I was wrong.
ADDING STRINGS TOGETHER TO FORM SENTENCES


  • Another thing I learned that was completely new was the % command. Basically, it allows me to add strings and variables together. By using % I can use variables and strings in the same line of code. By doing so, it allows me to create more variations and different types of results.
EXAMPLE OF ME SEPARATING THE CODE

(ALSO THE VARIABLES LINE UP IN ORDER WITH THE %s


WHAT I WILL BE DOING TOMORROW / NEXT TIME:


Tomorrow I will be continuing down Python 2, but a new Unit. I will be starting the 'Date and Time' Unit on 'Code Academy.'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...