Tuesday 21 January 2020

Video Editing - Day 2 (January)

WHAT I DID TODAY:


After using the last class to get my videos and music ready/finding them, I started a short video edit today. It may seem like I didn't get very far considering all I did was cut clips, then replace them and organize them, but it actually took longer than I thought.


I had to go through and cut down 2-4 minute videos and take out clips that I want to use in my edit. The song was only 20 seconds or so, but I wanted the clips to match the beat of the music kind of so it took a while to get the right clips.

MY EDIT TIMELINE SO FAR



To sum it up, all I did today was trim clips, and organize and also render the video aka export basically.  Below is the video that I have so far.. (keep in mind that I haven't started transitions yet so it may look plain)




ALSO, I RENDERED THE VIDEO IN THE LOWEST QUALITY SETTING THEY HAD (WHICH WAS ONLY 720P) BECAUSE IT IS JUST THE ROUGH DRAFT SO IN MY FINISHED VERSION IT WILL BE THE BEST QUALITY I CAN GET IT TO.



WHAT I LEARNED:


I learned a bunch of new things today, mainly shortcuts which I used a lot. 

Here's a list of shortcuts that I learned:

  • s = split 
  • u = detaches a video from it's original audio 
  • m = marks a spot (in case you want to split somewhere for example)
  • using > and < allows me to go frame by frame
  • del = delete
  • ctr z = undo

Some of those were pretty self-explanatory but I still learned how to use it in this program so I would say it counts.



WHAT I WILL BE DOING NEXT TIME / TOMORROW:


Next time I will add transitions to each clip. I'm pretty sure that's all I'll be able to do next class because it takes a while to get the transitions perfect and since I'm a beginner I can't do it that fast since I'm basically learning while doing it at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adobe Photoshop - Day 10 (June Final Post)

WHAT I DID TODAY / WHAT I LEARNED: For my final project, I thought for a while about what I could do. Then I remembered a while back I saw ...